It’s Father’s Day this Sunday, a day when lots of us will stop to think about our dads/Grandad
Sadly, Father’s Day can be a very tricky time for many of the children and young people we support.
For some of us, it might mean taking some time out to remember dad/grandad with some of these special ideas below:-
- Take a special card or item to his grave or to where his ashes were scattered
- Plant some seeds or a plant in a special place
- Take a trip to his favourite place and spend time there with loved ones
- Revisit family snaps and choose your favourite one to frame
- Write him a special message, a poem or a song
- Make his favourite meal/food
If you fancy getting a little more creative, creating a memory box to help remember your dad can be a great idea.
Pick his favourite colour and decorate it, you can then put special items in your memory box that remind you of him like photos, glasses, a silly tie, a football t-shirt, his favourite sweets etc.