It’s Father’s Day this Sunday, a day when lots of us will stop to think about our Dads and Grandads.
Sadly, Father’s Day can be a very tricky time for many of the children and young people we support and we would like to send them all an extra big bear hug to help them through the day.
Taking some time out to remember can be a great way to mark the day. Here are some of our ideas on how best to do so:
- Make a card and take to his grave or where his ashes were scattered
- Take a trip to his favourite place and spend time there with loved ones
- Look through old photographs and choose a special one to frame
- Plant some bulbs or seeds in his favourite spot in the garden
- Write him a special message, poem or song
- Make his favourite meal
If you fancy getting a little more creative, creating a memory box to help remember your dad or grandad can be a great idea! You can start by choosing his favourite colour to decorate the outside, then fill it with special items that remind you of him, such as; photos, glasses, a silly tie or football shirt.