It’s Father’s Day this Sunday, a day when lots of us will stop to think about our dads.
Sadly, Father’s Day can be a very tricky time for many of the children and young people we support.
For some of us, it might mean taking some time out to remember him with some of these special ideas below:-
- Take a special card or item to his grave or to where his ashes were scattered
- Plant some seeds or a plant in a special place
- Take a trip to his favourite place and spend time there with loved ones
- Revisit family snaps and choose your favourite one to frame
- Write him a special message, a poem or a song
- Make his favourite meal/food
If you fancy getting a little more creative, creating a memory box to help remember your dad can be a great idea.
Pick his favourite colour and decorate it, you can then put special items in your memory box that remind you of him like photos, glasses, a silly tie, a football t-shirt, his favourite sweets etc.